Aug 31, 2011

Beyonce Black Role Model


From time to time I lose my faith in women.  I really lost it after super-women anthem creator, Alicia Keys was caught creeping with a married man.  After all, pop-culture dishes out female negativity every chance it gets.  The women on popular television shows  are catty, disrespectful, indecent and lacking values.  If you look at pop culture television you will find: Bad Girls Club, Basketball Wives, Jersey Shore and various VH1dating shows.  Isn't it about time we gave the next generation some one to role model after.

And then there is Beyonce.  Beyonce pulled the most beautiful and pure publicity stunt that's been seen since Tupac and Biggie's mother's shared the same mike on the MTV  VMA's to honor their sons.  Beyonce broke Twitter record at 8,868 tweets per second. The VMA's had the largest audience ever in their viewership history. The cause of this was a tiny baby bump she rubbed in delight as she smiled from ear to ear after performing "On Top" . The premise of the baby bump exposure was a nonchalant announcement made by the glowing star, " I want you all to feel the love that's growing inside of me." Beyonce gives me hope that their is such a thing as a positive role-model in the pop culture world today. 

Beyonce gives me the courage to reach for my dreams and goals. She makes me want to be a better woman.  She has always inspired me and Sunday's  performance gave me faith that black love still exist beyond our grandparent's generation. 
I loved her latest album 4 because so many songs reminded me of the love I have.  The strong black love she and I share seems rare these days, and it's no secret that relationships are hard to maintain. However, seeing Beyonce in her conviction of true love found, peace and joy makes me realize that all that hard work will pay off one day. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Bey as a role model as well. She's in love, having a child, at the TOP of her game. . .of course I wanna be her when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me ♥ (love)