Feb 2, 2013

Don't sweat the small stuff


 photo IMG_8283_zpsa0a45bbb.jpg


 photo IMG_8286_zps18a8a4b1.jpg

 photo IMG_8304_zpsf3df386b.jpg


The last picture is a clear look into my world right now. Ever heard of Maslow's Hierarchy of needs? Google it. My Maslow's Hierarchy of needs is being met, up until the second step. The second step is safety, which in my case is about security of employment and resources. It doesn't help that my mind is playing tricks on me, one moment I'm fine with my job, then I'm panicking about what I'm going to do next. I am using my fashion as a example of my feelings with this situation. I have on all black because I feel dark and gloomy about everything, however the rainbow colored sweater represents a brighter day and all the great things I have going for me now. The sweater overpowers the all black ensemble and makes it more fun, don't you agree?

At the end of the day focusing on things that really matter, makes all the blemishes seem so small. Lesson: Don't sweat the small stuff, life is short.

(Wearing: Mom's old dress, Leggings: French Connection Sweater: Local thrift store Shoes: Bakers Necklace: Forever21 Leather jacket: Armani Exchange)

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures and an interesting post. Wishing you strength and positivity :)
    Take care,

    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so cool Tarah! Great outfit and photos! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dope Tarah! I love it!

    Lynn
    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete

Leave me ♥ (love)